The needs of a growing sector
Acquiring and managing data. That’s what the first recruitment steps are basically about. Everything starts with the collection of CVs, the profiling of candidates and the selection of the most interesting ones. But it’s not just that: recruiters are the first touchpoint of a candidate with a company and they are a company’s face and voice.
Digitalization has certainly greatly contributed to the rationalization of their job but in many cases there’s the risk to replace a paper chaos with a digital one. Useful information about a candidate are often scattered across lots of irrelevant data and even finding these data in a CV requires an amount of time that is hard to allocate when one has to deal with many daily job applications.
This is the case of Puntoservice, a social assistance cooperative that is present in 6 regions of Central and Northern Italy and that continuously looks for professional figures to hire in its facilities. The company’s primary need is to obtain from candidates only relevant information and to automatically collect all applications in a well-structured storage space, in which it is possible to directly activate all the necessary filters.
Is a chatbot the best solution?
We believe it is. The new member of Puntoservice’s recruiters team is called Agostina and is a pioneer in its kind. Born from a collaborative design made by Heres’s developers and Puntoservice’s expert recruiters, Azzurra is an easy-to-use, versatile product, though to be directly managed by recruiters and to meet their rapidly changing search needs. Thanks to a Console – a back-end platform thought for recruiters – Azzurra can be quickly set to show all open job positions and to activate, for each one of them, the corresponding interview with a candidate. Job applications are then collected into their dedicated Console’s section, where recruiters can find all tools necessary for a screening. Thus Azzurra is an actual virtual recruiter in its own right.
What can Azzurra do?
Azzurra the Virtual Recruiter can:
- ask questions in different formats, in order to select the most appropriate type of datum to optimize the use of filters. Recruiters can use multiple-choice questions, that provide one or more choices, can set a format control, can use graphic tools to support data selection (e.g. when selecting a date)
- ask a candidate to upload files in chat: CVs or certifications of professional qualifications will thus be collected by recruiters already at this stage.
- record audio files directly in chat: recruiters can thus evaluate the candidate’s oral language skills.
- set dynamic flows based on a candidate’s answers in each interview
- automatically disable a job once the maximum acceptable application number is reached.
Recruiters can use the console to create and apply the filters needed to screen candidates, to view interviews, to download the documents uploaded in chat and to assess applications. Having thus access only to structured and relevant data, they will be able to pay their undivided attention to the most critical steps of the selection, enhancing their decision-making skills without being limited to purely archivistic activities.
A chatbot’s added value
Someone could rightfully ask: what’s a chatbot’s added value compared to, for example, a form? Why has Puntoservice invested exactly in this tool, so much so that it became an early adopter?
A chatbot, unlike a form, is a human-like interface: the interview is in every aspect a two-way dialog. Just like in a real remote conversation:
- Tone and style of conversations are extremely customizable: depending on a recruiter’s choices the interaction might be formal or, on the contrary, extremely informal.
- Questions are asked one at a time, in a dynamic linear structure.
- The chat’s nature demands a quicker answer time, that simulate a face-to-face verbal exchange and allows recruiters to test a candidate’s promptness and his/her ability to adjust to the interlocutor’s tone.
Azzurra, in short, puts together the functionality of automation and the attention to people typical of human interactions. And this is exactly the synthesis that we call by the name of Conversational Era.
Do you want to join it?
If you’d like to further investigate the perks of a Virtual Recruiter, read this article.